Recording your business phone conversations is surprisingly easy. Here's what you will need
- One of our phone recorders (see the choices on the right)
- Our multiline handset/headset adapter (see the product on the right)
Choosing the Recorder
We have a few different recorders available. They differ a in a few ways, but the main difference is the recording capacity. The deluxe recorder has much higher recording capacities than the economy model. They all offer voice activated automatic recording. You can explore the differences by viewing the product pages directly.
Installing the Recorder
Once you have purchased your recorder and multiline adapter, you connect it to your work phone between the base of the phone and the handset or headset you're talking on. You must use a corded phone for this. Now, it can record any conversation on your phone. Even if your phone has 10 different phone lines in it, whatever line you're using and talking on, it can record from.
Recording The Calls
It can be set to manually record (you will press record to start and stop the recordings) or voice activation (it will start and stop automatically whenever your phone is in use). It will record both sides of the conversation on both incoming and outgoing phone calls.
Playing Back Recorded Calls
You can playback the calls in one of three ways.
- Right in your hand - there is a built-in speaker on the recorders. Simply hit play and playback begins
- Using headphones - connect headphones (included) to the headphone jack on the recorder
- Download to a computer - Connect the recorder to your computer using the included USB cable